Customer Service Representative
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Operations Officer
Provides friendly, efficient, positive service to Bank customers. Processes customer deposits and withdrawals; sells cashiers checks, money orders; and travelers cheques; accepts payments on various types of loans; provides customer balance inquiries; and accepts Federal Tax payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process deposits and withdrawals to checking and savings accounts in accordance with regulatory and bank policies.
- Cashes checks after proper verification procedures have been completed.
- Place appropriate holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Assists customers with account inquiries.
- Processes in-mail deposits.
- Processes customer requests for cashiers checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, savings bonds and makes cash advances on Bank cards.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Answers the telephone, assisting customers with their questions.
- Balances daily work and cash box at end of shift.
- Responsible for the scanning of cash paids and other valuable records.
- Allows access to safe deposit boxes as needed.
- Knowledge of BSA, CTR, and Reg. CC Reports.
- Understanding of the Customer Identification Program.
- Places stop payments on checks and ACH’s.
- Processes night depository and courier bags.
- Processes ATM transactions and balance ATM.
- Balance cashiers checks and money orders.
- Assists in callbacks.
- Identifies customer needs and cross-sells other Bank services to meet those needs.
- Maintains signature card files.
- Responsible for maintenance of work area.
- Provides office support, including routine filing, maintenance and record keeping.
- When designated, may be responsible for training teller procedures to other Bank personnel.
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act, appropriate banking regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum six (6) months bank teller experience.
- Related Bank policies and procedures.
- All Bank services available and their cost.
- Bank equipment such as teller terminals, currency counter, scanner, calculator, micro-encoder, typewriter and personal computer.
- Basic data processing system.
Experience with JHA preferred.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, GTL, EAP, 401K Plan
To learn more about Premier Service Bank and to find out how you can become part of the our team, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Premier Service Bank
3637 Arlington Ave
Riverside, CA 92506
Contact HR by email