Commercial Loan Underwriter
Title: Commercial Loan Underwriter
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Develops commercial and consumer loan presentations and ensures that loan requests meet established Premier Service Bank lending requirements, providing maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. All loan presentations are to include the analysis of applications for commercial and consumer loans, along with loan commitments and are to provide an analyzed researched and documented package for loan administration or loan committee review. Manages and performs the most complex functions related to the technical aspects of various loan transactions, as well as documentation of all types of loans in accordance with Bank policies and procedures. Ensures that all requests adhere to existing policy guidelines and that documentation is adequate to ensure security of collateral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review loan applicants, collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Assist Loan Officer’s in the preparation of loan presentations.
- Recommend terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Identifies potential problem credits and works with the Chief Credit Officer and Loan Officer to restructure the credit and/or minimize potential losses.
- Provide assistance with the loan portfolio maintenance (financial statement, accounts receivable, and payable, collateral, insurance follow-up).
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act, appropriate banking regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
Equivalent of two (2) years of college and two (2) years experience in the commercial lending arena.
- Regulations governing lending.
- Thorough understanding of financial statement analysis along with then skill sets necessary to develop and present complex credit presentations.
- Thorough comprehension of UCA Cash Flow Analysis.
Skill and Ability to:
- Underwrite commercial and consumer loan presentations.
- Analyze business and personal credit requests.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Communicate well orally and written
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K Plan, EAP, FSA, GTL & LTD. Paid Vacation and Paid Absence.
To learn more about Premier Service Bank and to find out how you can become part of the our team, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Premier Service Bank
3637 Arlington Ave
Riverside, CA 92506
Contact HR by email